Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The GEEK LOVE overfloweth!!!


Oh, how good is this?! 
Remember the previous post in which I gushed about all-things "X-Files," then lamented the fact that I was six years too late?  

Maybe not!

I got an email from a friend this morning informing me that this year's PALEY FESTIVAL is featuring an "X-Files" panel!  Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz will be there, along with other special guests to be announced!  

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Needless to say, I just spent the last ten minutes online and was able to purchase a ticket.  Oh, yes.  IT'S ON.  So I might just get to meet Chris Carter after all.  I'm also hoping they show some footage from the new movie.  Plus, I get the added bonus of hanging out with 500 other X-Philes.  It's gonna be awesome.

What exactly is the Paley Festival?  

Every year, the Museum of Television and Radio here in Los Angeles holds panel events during which stars, writers, producers, directors, and other behind-the-scenes folks discuss their work on a particular TV show.  This year's fest includes a "Buffy" reunion.  Events I've attended in the past include evenings with: "Medium," "Angel," "Deadwood," "Dark Shadows (the 60s original)" and "Weeds."  These events usually sell out fast, so I'm lucky to score a tix to the "X-Files" event.    Interested in joining me?  Check out the link below:

http://www.mtr.org/

I'll bring my camera and try to get some pix from the event.  I CAN'T WAIT!  

1 comment:

gina said...

Ack! Jealous, jealous, jealous!!!!!! Hope you have a great time, and hope your inner geek revels in the gluttony of it all.