Friday, December 5, 2008

A FIERY COLLABORATION



So am I the last person on earth to find out the FIRMAN is Paul McCartney?

I guess so...

Well, I've been sooooo busy writing the last 6 weeks that I've had no life (more on that later). But I did manage to pick up the CD by The Fireman. Apparently, this is the third collaboration between Paul McCartney and producer Youth, but the first one to have vocals. I haven't heard the first two CDs, but this new one (which came out last week) is just... AWESOME.

Man, why hasn't Paul been putting out records like this all along?

It's raw, experimental, full of passion... all the things that Paul hasn't been famous for lately (okay... maybe the last one, but not the first two). It's like the guy who helped create "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" suddenly woke up... or emerged from a time warp... or went back to taking LSD... and started making badassed music again. Needless to say, this one's already gone into high rotation.



Paul... if you're out there listening... TOUR WITH THIS MUSIC. AND PLAY SMALL CLUBS. It's okay if the ticket costs a fortune. I'll pay it!!! And play multiple nights at the same, tiny venue. YES did this on "The Ladder" tour in 1999. I saw them in the intimate setting of LA's House of Blues. They played three nights in a row. I went all three nights (Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday). By Wednesday night, I was soooo spoiled. The entire audience really got a chance to explore the band in an intimate setting (Uh, that didn't come out right.) and really dig deeply into the music. And from what I read about the tour afterward, apparently it was just as rewarding for the musicians to play in smaller venues as it was for the audiences.

OK... back to work.

No comments: