Sunday, December 28, 2008

HAPPY HOLIDAYS



'Tis the season to be jolly and merry. Not work your behind off. Sadly, I'm doing both this holiday season. But I still am making time for family, the dog, and of course, catching up on my favorite all-time show, DARK SHADOWS.

I know, I know... I still haven't told you exactly what I've been working on in the DS realm. It's not the new Johnny Depp movie, I'll say that right now. Super-scribe John August is handling that one (check out his neato screenwriting blog for more info @ www.johnaugust.com ). But I will tell you that it involves a return to 1897, one of original series' greatest storylines, and it will be available for PURCHASE very soon! (Most likely Spring 2009.)

In other news, the 12th issue of "All-Star Superman" finally came out last month, so look for the ALL-STAR SUPERMAN - Tradeback Vol. 2 soon. It was 2008's BEST comic book... And speaking of comic books, I read a lot of new/good ones this year: ECHO, ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, SUPERGIRL, INCOGNEGRO. Well, add FABLES (yes, I'm WAAAAAY behind the curve on finding this one!) to the list.

And yes, it's become my new OBSESSION.



Imagine the Big Bad Wolf (Bigby) as a hard-boiled noir detective, Snow White as a business executive, Prince Charming as a womanizing cad... and you've got the makings of comic book / fantasy storytelling at its best. BTW: Thanks to ERIC over at the House of Secrets for turning me onto this awesome series! I barreled through the first 4 tradebacks (approxmately the first 25-30 issues) and just couldn't stop reading.

Seriously, if you've been looking for something to satiate that SANDMAN jones you've been desperate to scratch... give FABLES a shot. I think you'll dig it.

1 comment:

MissE said...

Totally with you on "Fables" ... wsh there was more. A work mate lent me his copies of the series. I love the Big Bad Wolf. And I love who the evil conqueror turns out to be. Hell, the whole premise of the series is brilliant.

:o)