Wednesday, April 28, 2010

NEW STEPHEN KING



Like I really have to time to read these days. But I'm a writer, which means I have to keep priming the pump. And what better way than with my all-time favorite writer, little Stevie King? (That's my nickname for him; has been since the late 80s...) Yes, my copy of his new novella BLOCKADE BILLY came today. I can't wait to dig in.

What's that? You've never heard of this book? Neither had I until about 10 days ago, when I stumbled across it on the CEMETERY DANCE website.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/blockadebilly/index.html

The edition I ordered is supposed to be rare and special, which I guess means it'll make me breakfast after I'm done reading it. I don't really care about the collectable market. I'm one of those guys who buys an action figure, then takes it out of the damn box and actually plays with it. It's the same with books. I just want a good read, and little Stevie King almost always delivers.

(OK. I'm still mad about THE TOMMYKNOCKERS...)

It shouldn't surprise you then that I'm more excited the edition I purchased comes with a special William "Blockade Billy" Blakely baseball card than its supposed "rarity" as a future collectible item. C'mon... a baseball card about the book's fictional protagonist? How cool is that?!

Now all I have to do is carve out some time this weekend to read the damn thing. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I'm still in the middle of "His Dark Materials," and I started that back in December. Oh, and there's this whole revising-my-latest-EUREKA-script-thing going down. My next episode starts shooting in less than a week. Now I really feel like I need a vacation. Fortunately, vacations are when I get most of my reading done. Griffith Park here I come.

Play ball!

No comments: